Feb 5, 2012

Day 117 + 118/240: Superbowl Sunday

Last night we went out to dinner again. I had raw vegetable spring rolls and some chips with guacamole.

Today is Superbowl Sunday (two days short of the halfway point of this experiment), and I'm trying to decide what to do about game time snacks.

I have some nice dried tofu which I can slice thin, marinate in sriracha sauce and broil as hot tofu wings, then serve with a spicy peanut dipping sauce. I can make popcorn and, instead of adding butter, flavor it with sesame oil and sprinkle on some Gomasio (black sesame seeds and salt). It's a little late in the day to try to make hummus, but I could go to the store and buy a tub and a box of Ak-Mak crackers.

And, of course, I can pick up a six-pack of beer at the same time ... or, even better, a nice meaty oatmeal stout.

No comments:

Post a Comment