Feb 9, 2012

Days 120-121/240: Progress report

Damn! I missed the chance to celebrate the midpoint.

For dinner the day before yesterday I had a tofu appetizer and yellow curry with vegetables at a nearby Thai restaurant. It was good, if a little skimpy with the chilis.

Last night I was in a rush again and went to my fall back position of chickpea and tomato curry over rice. I made more than I needed and so I had the leftovers for breakfast.

I was in for a checkup from the doctor yesterday. My BP is 120/70 and my LDL level is about 40. I have lost 10 pounds over the last three months. I'm not ready to buy new clothes yet. Maybe in another three months I'll have to.

Diet isn't the only thing I'm working on, I continue to go to the health club. I don't go as often as I should or as I want to, but life keeps intervening between me and my good intentions.

Be that as it may, I've increased my training weights anywhere from 20 to 50 pounds (depending on the activity). The worst problem that I need to fix is getting the atrophied muscles in my left shoulder to work properly again. As an example, with 20 pound dumbbells, I can raise my right arm sideways until it is level with my shoulder. I cannot do the same with the left. Curls and presses are better, but the lateral raises are very difficult. Self massage using a wall and a Lacrosse ball seems to help a bit, but I still have a way to go.

There are physical problems that are less susceptible to diet and exercise. In order to repair them, I'll be having two outpatient operations over the course of the next two months.

On the whole, this diet seems to be working well for me. Perhaps it will morph from experiment into lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment