- 1/4 cup dried mushrooms (Any type should do. I used a mix of shiitake and porcini.)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or bouillon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Enough pasta for 1 person
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in the V stock or bouillon. (You should do this at least an hour ahead of cooking, or you can put the stuff in the microwave to shorten the anticipation.)
- Start the pasta cooking. (I don't need to tell you how to do that, do I?)
- Crush and mince the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet on medium low.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the flour.
- Stir with a fork until the flour has soaked up all the oil and is turning golden.
- Add the mushrooms and the stock.
- Add pepper and basil.
- Stir some more.
- Add more stock to get to your preferred consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta.
This stuff is potent and a little goes a long way.