- 6 medium button mushrooms
- 1 leftover baked potato
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 Tbs chickpea miso or other shiromiso (white miso)
- 2-3 cups of cold V stock
- olive oil
- Grind the mustard seed coarsely.
- Smash and mince the garlic.
- Quarter the mushrooms.
- Chop the scallions, reserving the green parts for garnish.
- Peel the potato or scoop out the insides.
- Mash the potato and miso with a little stock until well blended.
- Put a saucepan on medium low.
- Add olive oil.
- When it sizzles add the garlic, scallions, mustard seed.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Stir until cooked.
- Add the potato mixture.
- Stir some more.
- Add the V stock.
- Turn the heat down to simmer.
- Cook until the soup is the desired thickness.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with scallions.
Serve with toasted rye bread.