Nov 18, 2011

Day 41/180: Roasted Veggie Reprise

Back on Day 19 I made Roasted Vegetables with Kasha. Today I revisited it with a few tweaks. I'm not going to formalize it with a recipe since the modifications are pretty easy.

I used Brussels sprouts, eggplant, baby russet potatoes, baby purple potatoes, parsnips, and small white (boiling) onions. I sliced the eggplant, salted it and let it sit for a couple of hours then drained off the juice. I cut the potatoes and Brussels sprouts in half and sliced the parsnip thin.

I tossed all of these in a bowl with a mixture of olive oil, tahini, and crushed garlic, the arranged them all on two baking pans and roasted them for 30 minutes at 375. I served them with rice that had been cooked with a tsp of Chinese 5 spice mixture.

Oddly enough I had to make a big batch because I shared the dinner with my wife (will wonders never cease), and son. My wife claimed to enjoy hers, My youngest son's portion is still waiting for him to emerge from his current creative, art school end-of-term frenzy long enough to take sustenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment