Dec 4, 2011

Day 55/240: Worm Salad

No, of course it's not real worms. I was having so much fun with my rotary cutter that I decided to make a salad with it.



Essentially, I just took a zucchini, a carrot, and an onion and put them through the slicer, then mixed in a vinaigrette style dressing jazzed up a bit with a couple of teaspoons of cilantro chutney and a dried chili.


It's easy to do. Just cut a cylinder of the vegetable, hold the machine with one hand and turn the crank with the other. Then HEY PRESTO!



The carrot works the same way.



I just added the dressing and mixed it all together and added some whole grain toast spread with a mixture of crunchy peanut butter and Hoisin sauce.


Yum.

Next time I'll need to remember to shorten the cylinders. The strands were about 4-5 feet long and just a tad unwieldy.

No comments:

Post a Comment