Dec 11, 2011

Day 63/240: Damn, Damn, Damn!

There's a little restaurant in Ipswich that I really like. Since I have chosen to be herbivorous, I have only been there for lunch. They have some good sandwiches that fit my needs.

This afternoon my wife and I were out on some errands and decided that, damn the expense, we'd have a second dinner out this week.

When we got the dinner menus, I got a bit of a jolt. After five there were only three choices that could be considered vegan. One was a side salad and the other two were pastas. I decided that there wasn't enough egg in the pasta to distress me too much and I ordered Eggplant Ravioli. It was described as: "Filled with roasted eggplant, roasted garlic, red peppers and olives. Topped with pimavera sauce."

I was hungry but, on about the third ravioli, I realized that something wasn't right. I checked and realized that what they had served me was a dish of ricotta-filled ravioli in a primavera sauce that was filled with chunks of eggplant. I ate the sauce.

So, once again my diet has been compromised. I figure that I probably ingested about 2 tablespoons of cheese. It's not the end of the world, just damned irritating. I mean ... I like this place and they lied to me.

Anyway, I was still hungry when we got home so I made myself another hummus roll-up.

No agonizing this time. I am NOT going to reset for such a trivial amount of cheese. I just have to be more diligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment