Oct 10, 2011

Mujadarrah and Pita Crisps with Za'atar

Two problems have caused a change in my plans for dinner:

  1. I have run out of tahini.
  2. I am too lazy to go out and get some.
So I'm sticking with the za'atar pita crisps, but I'm going to have them with an easy rice cooker mujadarrah.

The first part is simple I split two whole wheat pitas giving me four rounds which fit nicely on a pizza pan, spread some olive oil on each and dusted them with a generous portion of za'atar spice. Then I pop them into the oven at 350 until crispy. 

The mujadarra is equally easy. All you need is a rice cooker.

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup rice
  • 1/3 cup red lentils
  • 1/4 cup dehydrated vegetables
  • 1 Tbs (more or less) curry powder
  • 1 and 1/3 cups water or veg stock
  • Pinch of salt
Method
  1. Put everything in the rice cooker
  2. Wait until done.
In the picture below, the pita looks a little burnt. It is. That's how I like it. There's one of the benefits of being a lonely herbivore; personal preference rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment