Oct 19, 2011

My Review of Bob's Red Mill TVP (Textured Veg. Protein)

Originally submitted at Bob's Red Mill

TVP® (Textured Vegetable Protein) is made from reduced-fat soy beans and is used to replace or extend ground meats. It is also added to casseroles to add extra flavor and nutrition.


Excellent Product

By A Solitary Herbivore from New England on 10/19/2011

 

5out of 5

Pros: Satisfying, Healthy, Easy to use, Easy To Make, Flavorful, Vegetarian, Unique

Cons: None

Best Uses: Cooking

Describe Yourself: Health Conscious, Vegetarian

I use this as a meat substitute in my recipes. It is very easy to reconstitute and I can add flavor during that process. The texture and mouth-feel are far superior to products that are sold already hydrated. I love this stuff.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment